Gungahlin Bible Church began to gather on 18 April 2021 as a church plant from Southside Bible Church. Around 60 adults and children were sent from Southside to be part of this new church, most living in or around the Gungahlin region. Dom Fiocco and Adam Chessum left their pastoral roles at Southside and were appointed pastors of GBC. Dom was designated as the church planter and met with a planting team for six months leading up to the launch of this new evangelical church on Canberra’s landscape.
2021 was a difficult year for GBC, having met together for three months we then went into lockdown and could not physically gather together until late in the year. Through these trying months God remained faithful and continued to watch over our young church family. GBC is blessed with a multi-ethnic flavour as a reminder that the Gospel of grace reaches all nations and peoples. There is always room for you! Why not come along and experience this growing, vibrant family seeking to follow Jesus and help others find Him and the salvation on offer.
- The Bible as God's Word and our final authority
- Praying in light of God's promises in the Bible
- Gathering together as God's family in Jesus
- Speaking and living out the Gospel of grace
- Supporting Global Missions and the Gospel to all Nations
- Every Member Ministry
- Growing together as followers of the Lord Jesus Christ, eagerly awaiting His return and giving God the glory